6U End of Season Skill SetUpdated Tuesday March 25, 2014 by Spokane Valley Girls Softball Association.
At the end of the season, a 6U player should be proficient at the following skills and understanding:
* Holds bat correctly - knocking knuckles, inverted V, bat off shoulder
* Has correct batting stance - feet toward plate, knees bent, bat off shoulder.
* Dropping bat after hitting the ball
*How to get out of the box after hitting ball
* Running through 1st base
* Making sure to touch bags on bases
* Mechanics of throwing the ball
* Difference between a throw & a toss
* Ability to throw 25' with some accuracy
* Glove position - above the belt & below the belt
* Two handed catch
* Ready position
* Know where the bases are
* Know "outs"
* Know catchers equipment by name